David Cross and JDC Promotions team are establishing themselves as one of the rising outfits of the UK Unlicensed/White Collar boxing scene. Despite the Unlicensed/White Collar scene having many critics, Cross and his team are adamant that they banish those critics and have had plaudits from many inside the traditional boxing circles for their recent shows.
JDC Promotions base themselves out of the Adelphi Hotel in Liverpool and have not only showcased both male and female fighters having their first fights, but have also showcased experienced fighters that have gone on to the professional ranks or have achieved a lot in the amateur game. Fighters such as 3 time ABA Champion Danny Costello, and current professionals Lee Clayton and Will Cairns have all graced the JDC ring in recent times, putting on good contests against well matched opposition. Cross gave his take on the outlook of the JDC Promotions setup.
“We look to match everyone fairly and keep safety first. It’s all about fighters learning, improving and enjoying themselves. We’ve had some quality fighters who have gone on to be pros and there will be more fighters turning pro soon. We’re attracting a good standard of fighter and that can only be a good thing for the fans who come to watch.”
Cross who also recently made his professional debut in Malta and the JDC team have also had a vested interest in helping local charities and have successfully raised over five thousand pounds for local Liverpool based charities. Along with helping charity at every show, the JDC team look for other outlets other than boxing to make sure everyone in attendance has a good night in aid of good causes.
“We know some of the people who come to shows may not be boxing fans so we are always looking for other ways to keep our guests entertained. We have a stand up comedian who doubles as an MC, special guests and a top class DJ at every show. We like to make sure everyone is entertained throughout the night.”
“I think it’s important to give back to charity. The events are all held in good spirit and it’s always nice to give back to the community that support our shows.”
The next JDC Promotions show will take place on July 1st and will include four high level title contests with 11 supporting bouts. Tickets are available by social media. You can find David Cross/JDC Promotions on Facebook where all event details are updated regularly. Prospective fighters are encouraged to get in touch!
- Introducing David Cross’ JDC Promotions - May 9, 2016
- From Terrace Life to Under the Lights – Introducing City’s Carl Moran - February 12, 2016
- Introducing Ricky Flanagan, The Man Helping Many of Glasgow’s Top Boxers Achieve Success - February 12, 2016
- Introducing the man behind the mind of Champions, Stuart How - February 10, 2016
- Michael Gomez back in boxing alongside Manchester based AMT Sports Management - February 8, 2016
- Wythenshawe’s Kofi Yates begins the road to a Lightweight on MGM Manchester’s show on February 20th at Preston’s Guild Hall. - February 1, 2016
- Preview for first Lock Stock Promotions show of 2016 - January 29, 2016
- Lewis Ritson talks upcoming WBC Youth title challenge - January 26, 2016
- Promoter and Trainer Roye speaks ahead of 20/02 MGM Manchester show in Preston - January 22, 2016
- Glasgow’s Marc Kerr has fourth pro outing on Jan 28th - January 22, 2016